iOS 5.1.1 has been successfully jailbroken Untethered, thanks to iPhone Hackers.This time its too simple to jailbreak.iPhone Dev team has released Redsn0w that includes support for untethered iOS 5.1.1 for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. It includes Rocky Racoon and untethered iOS 5.1.1 jailbreak developed by pod2g and planetbeing that was used in Absinthe 2.0.x jailbreak.
In this tutorial we will show you step by step how to use redsn0w 0.9.12b2 on ios 5.1.1.This tutorial is both for mac and windows users.
- This tutorial is meant for iPod touch users. iPad users can check out this tutorial.
- Redsn0w 0.9.12b2 supports untethered jailbreak.
- Redsn0w 0.9.12b2 supports iPod touch 4G, iPod touch 3G running on iOS 5.1.1.
- Please ensure your iPod Touch is on iOS 5.1.1 (Settings –> General –> About –> Version should be 5.1.1) before proceeding.
- Please note that jailbreaking your iPod Touch may void your warranty and hence proceed with caution and at your own risk.
- Please do not forget to backup your iPod Touch before you proceed.
- Please ensure you are running latest version of iTunes.
- Important: If you have a lot of media on your device, then you can jailbreak your iOS device by putting it in DFU mode (we’ll update this guide with additional instructions for it shortly).
Step By Step Guide To Jailbreak iPod Touch 4G, iPod Touch 3G on ios 5.1.1 using Redsn0w:
Step 1: Download Redsn0w RedSn0w 0.9.12 b2 from this link and save the application in a folder named “Redsn0w” on your desktop.
Step 2: Double click the Redsn0w zip file and extract the application to the Redsn0w folder and then launch the Redsn0w application.
note: Windows users should run Redsn0w as ‘Administrator’ (right-click on the Redsn0w exe and select ‘Run as an Administrator’).
Step 3: After launching Redsn0w, click on the Jailbreak button.
Step 4: Redsn0w will start the jailbreak process and go through the following three steps:
- Finishing up!
Step 5: Once the three steps are completed, Redsn0w will inform you that the jailbreak was successfully installed. But please wait, leave your device alone. Your iPod Touch will reboot on its own. After it has rebooted, wait for it respring again.
After Respring, your iPod Touch will be successfully Jailbroken and you will see cydia icon on your iphone.
If you’re new to the jailbreaking world and wondering what to do after jailbreaking your iPod Touch checkout our tutorial to add source to cydia [cydia Sources / Top 10 Cydia Sources of 2012 & jailbreak apps category page to find out the apps you can install on your iPod Touch using the Cydia app.
Hope this helped. Please don’t forget to let us know how it goes in the comments and drop us a line if you hit any issues.