Pixelmator is Now Available for iPhone [Video]:
Pixelmator is a powerful, full-featured, layer-based image editor that lets you touch up and enhance images, sketch and paint, as well as create complex image compositions on iPad and iPhone alike.
Pixelmator has everything you need — whether you’re a mobile photographer, mobile painter, or mobile graphic designer — all in one easy-to-use app. And it works seamlessly with Mac as well, so you can start creating on iPhone or iPad and continue right where you left off on your Mac.
Advanced Photo Editing
• Get started with dozens of beautifully designed templates
• Frame your images or easily create gorgeous collages, cards, and posters
• Dramatically improve less-than-perfect images with single-tap color correction presets
• Take full control over the tonal range of your image with levels and curves
• Easily remove color cast and set the right white balance
• Play around with image colors with the Hue and Saturation effects
• Wipe away image imperfections, skin blemishes, and unwanted objects
• Pinch, bump, twirl, or warp areas of an image with powerful Distort Tools
• Blur, sharpen, lighten, or darken specific areas of an image
• Choose from dozens of breathtaking effects to subtly improve or completely change the look of an image
Full-Featured Painting App
• Paint stunning images right on your iPhone
• Choose from more than 100 artist-designed brushes and erasers
• Select from realistic to fully stylized brushes for numerous painting techniques
• Easily adjust the size of your brush and the opacity of the stroke
• Paint with incredible detail thanks to the double texture brush technology
• Vary the speed of your stroke to change brush thickness of some of the brushes
• Smudge colors of an image for smooth color blends
• Use the undo / redo actions to toggle between your edits
• Easily select and fine-tune colors with a full-featured Color Picker
• Instantly choose colors right from your image
• Paint with near-natural wetness effect of watercolor and crayon brushes
• Use different layers to isolate, blend, and merge elements of your painting
• Enjoy perfectly seamless painting thanks to the OpenGL ES-based Pixelmator Paint Engine
• Paint with a stylus on Pixelmator for iPad, which supports a selection of Wacom or Adonit styli
• Combine words, shapes, and images to create breathtaking artwork right on your iPhone
• Apply non-destructive layer styles like shadows, outlines, gradient fills, and more
• Insert, group, merge, and blend layers of an image
• Add text and make it look beautiful with a full set of text-styling settings
• Easily add, combine, and customize shapes
• Blend layers, shapes, and text using any of the 32 blending modes
• Use precise selection tools to edit areas of an image
• Crop, arrange, and rotate objects and layers with pixel-perfect precision
• Easily remove image background or cut and paste objects from one image to another
• Open, edit, and save Photoshop images with layers
• Open and save images using PSD, JPEG, PNG, PDF, and many other popular formats
• Save your images directly to your Photos app
• Store and access images on iCloud Drive
iCloud and Sharing
• Create, edit, and keep all your images up to date on all your devices thanks to the iCloud support
• Share your artwork with friends and family via email
• Instantly publish your images to social platforms like Flickr, Twitter, and Facebook
Designed for iOS 8
Pixelmator is meticulously thought through and created from the ground up for iOS 8. Designed to take full advantage of powerful iOS features and technologies and engineered to leverage the full power of 64-bit architecture, ARC, Grand Central Dispatch, OpenGL ES, Metal, Core Image, and Core Animation, Pixelmator delivers state-of-the-art performance and real-time responsiveness.
What’s New In This Version:
Pixelmator is now available for iPhone as a universal app (which means it is free for you, because you already own Pixelmator for iPad).
• Pixelmator is now available for iPhone.
• Metal-powered Distort tools allow you to pinch, bump, twirl, and warp areas of your images.
• The Clone tool lets you duplicate areas of your image.
• The new Repair Selection feature instantly repairs selected areas.
Other improvements and bug fixes
• There are now more pre-designed shapes and text styles for you to choose from.
• We’ve added additional layer templates, too.
• The new Hue adjustment setting lets you customize the look of Light Leak and Bokeh effects.
• The enhanced Repair tool interface now lets you cancel repairing while in process, see the percent progress of the repair, and hide the layers palette while still repairing.
• You can now zoom into your image more than 1000 percent while painting, if you like.
• Working with text and shape layers is now much faster.
• Fonts are now sorted just as they should be — alphabetically.
• You can now see the color value while adjusting the white balance with the Eyedropper.
• Now you can share more than one image per session via AirDrop.
• Previously, a newly added layer would appear at the top of the layers palette. Now, it is placed above the selected layer.
• Full Screen mode now hides the bottom bar of the interface.
• Previously, the popover menus were hidden after rotating the device. We fixed that.
• We’ve updated to the latest stylus SDKs for a better painting experience.
• The app used to quit unexpectedly when it was put to sleep while repairing. Not anymore.
• We’ve also enhanced the overall performance of the app so you can enjoy a much more seamless image-editing process.
You can purchase Pixelmator from the App Store for $4.99.