Recently, Apple Released iOS 8.3 which includes number of bug fixes and security and performance improvements, in addition to features such as redesigned Emoji keyboard, CarPlay Wireless etc.
If you’re having an issue after upgrading to iOS 8.3, and want to downgrade back to iOS 8.2, Lets See How. But We have to be hurry as apple will stop signing any moment.
Check real-time signing status:
To find out if Apple is still signing the firmware file, check this website. Green rows with a tick means that Apple is still signing the firmware file, and you can downgrade iOS 8.3 to iOS 8.2.
How to downgrade iOS 8.3 on your iPhone or iPad:
If Apple is still signing iOS 8.2, please follow these simple instructions to downgrade iOS 8.3 to iOS 8.2:
- Download the iOS 8.2 firmware file for your device. For example: the iOS 8.2 firmware file file for iPhone 6 Plus, model number A1524 (which can be found at the back of your device) is iPhone7,1_8.3_12F70_Restore.ipsw. Accordingly, download the appropriate firmware file from the our iOS firmware file download page for your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
- Connect the device running iOS 8.3 to your computer.
- Launch iTunes and select the iOS device from the top right corner, to the left of the iTunes Store button.
- Hold the Alt/Option key on the Mac or Shift Key in Windows on your keyboard and click on the Check for Update option, instead of restoring. Important note: We were able to successfully downgrade from iOS 8.3 to iOS 8.2 using this step, but if you want to go by the book then you should use the Restore method, but it will be more time consuming. If you use the Restore method, then it will wipe the data from your device so please don’t forget to take a backup.
- Select the ipsw file you had downloaded earlier.
- iTunes will inform that it will update your iOS device to iOS 8.2 and will verify the update with Apple.
- Click Update.
- iTunes should now downgrade your iOS device to iOS 8.2.
- After downgrading, the iOS device will restart. You should then see “Slide to upgrade”. Enter the passcode, and then wait for the downgrade process to complete. You may be prompted to activate your device.
That’s it. You should now be successfully downgraded to iOS 8.2.
Please Comment Below How it Goes. Hurry up!