A new New York Times Magazine app has been released for the iPhone and iPod touch. The app features new columns, new writers, and new typefaces.
Experience The Times’s award-winning journalism, elegantly designed with enhanced imagery and multimedia and streamlined navigation. The NYTimes app also includes our International Edition with global news and cultural content from our 50 bureaus around the world.
• Watch exclusive videos and browse our award-winning photographs
• Breaking news notifications – enable alerts about major developing stories, including custom notifications for Business, Politics, Sports and New York City
• In Case You Missed It – a collection of our most popular articles, tailored to your personal reading history
• Read the latest news with automatic background refresh
• Save articles to revisit later on any device
• Customize your sections list and add your favorite blogs for easy access
• Share articles, photos and videos through Facebook, Twitter, email, SMS and AirDrop
The NYTimes app is free to download, and all users can access up to 10 free articles per month, from any section. Subscribers get full access to over 25 sections, plus unlimited access to NYTimes.com, with a Times Digital Subscription.
• NYTimes.com + Smartphone Apps for $14.99 per month
• All Digital Access (including the NYTimes apps for iPhone and iPad + NYTimes.com) for $34.99 per month
• Times Premier (including All Digital Access) for $44.99 per month. Times Premier members also receive Times Insider blog access on the iOS apps, as well as web access to the Times Insider blog, Times Talks, TBooks, special Times crosswords and more.
What’s New In This Version:
Introducing the new New York Times Magazine. You’ll find new columns and new writers, including Jenna Wortham, Virginia Heffernan, Colson Whitehead, Amanda Hess, Michael Pollan, Kenji Yoshino, Amy Bloom and Jack Shafer. We’ve also brought a whole suite of beautiful new typefaces to iPhone.
We also fixed the image-zoom bug.
You can download NYTimes from the App Store for free.