Sunday is funday! Out of nowhere, the evad3rs have released the iOS 7 untethered jailbreak for all iOS devices.
evasi0n 7 as it is called, supports all iOS devices running iOS 7 (including the latest 7.1 betas). All iOS 6 users are free to upgrade to iOS 7 now, however this release has even caught saurik (Jay Freeman) the maintainer of Cydia off guard as he claims Cydia has not been tested thoroughly and Mobile Substrate do not work correctly. So all of our favorite tweaks probably do not work yet. As always, please backup your device first.
If you want an iOS 6.1.3+ jailbreak, hold tight as iH8sn0w is planning to release a tool with these exploits to jailbreak those devices (evasi0n7 does not support anything below iOS 7).
So, I got no lead time on evasi0n7, nor was I asked for an official iOS 7 Cydia; I was not given builds, nor was I asked for things to test.
In fact, @evad3rs didn’t even try my testing build of Substrate I gave core developers, so they didn’t notice a fundamental incompatibility.
This means they are going to have to push a new version of their untether to fix this oversight before I can push newer builds of Substrate.
– evasi0n7 1.0 is an untethered jailbreak for all iPhone, iPod touch, iPad and iPad mini models running iOS 7.0 through 7.0.4
– MacOSX 10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8
– Windows (XP minimum)
– iOS 7.0, 7.0.1, 7.0.2, 7.0.3, 7.0.4, 7.1beta1, 7.1beta2
TUTORIALS: (tutorials will be posted soon)
● How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 5s, 5c, 5, 4s, 4, on iOS 7 Using Evasi0n (Mac)
● How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 5s, 5c, 5, 4s, 4, on iOS 7 Using Evasi0n (Windows)
● How to Jailbreak Your iPad Air, 4, 3, 2, Mini on iOS 7 Using Evasi0n (Mac)
● How to Jailbreak Your iPad Air, 4, 3, 2, Mini on iOS 7 Using Evasi0n (Windows)
● How to Jailbreak Your iPod Touch 5G on iOS 7 Using Evasi0n (Mac)
● How to Jailbreak Your iPod Touch 5G on iOS 7 Using Evasi0n (Windows)
It appears as though in China, instead of Cydia being installed by default, the evad3rs have preloaded a Chinese ‘app store’ called TaiG which contains cracked applications. Not much is known about this store and besides piracy there are concerns that it may access user data. We highly recommend those in China do not install it until more details are known.
Two things to note, if you updated OTA, you must do a full restore first before applying evasi0n7. Also make sure passcode locks are off before you apply jailbreak (you can enable after)